The good news is I finally got that haircut I've been talkin' about and I like it pretty good! I at least have less hair to deal with and that is always my preference. But check with me tomorrow when it gets done by me instead of Natasha.
The bad news is Faith isn't speaking to me. I got onto her late last night (for good reason!) before I left her at Sarah's to spend the night. This included a time-out at Sarah's and a double chore when she got home today. When I picked her up tonight she tolerated me long enough to get the scoop on who attended her cousin Matthew's play at the middle school. Finding out the boy she likes was there prompted her to blame me for her having not chosen to attend. Then she went straight to the silent treatment. When we got home, she went grudgingly to her double chore duty and then holed up in her room. When I called her for prayers she scowled with the best of em' and then when I said,"Goodnight, I love you." I got the "no response" response. Nice. I'm seriously going to start a support group for mothers of tweens.
The dirty news is, I'm dirty. I'm just too nasty, crude and crass! I am actually getting worse as my dear sister so lovingly pointed out. She also informed me I sound way too much like Jared lately. I am not stealing his material! I won "Most Wittiest" in High School! ME! Not Jared! ME! But anyway, lately I am noticing that I am making even the crudest of my friends and family members blush. Those who have been exposed to my evil ways for years are like, "Did she just say that?" And I really need to stop! But I hardly know where to begin? How do you change the way your brain works? How do you get it out of the gutter when that is precisely where it has resided for the better part of 30 years? I know it has to be done but I'm scared I will never laugh again! These are the things that make me laugh! What do I do? See? That was funny. I almost said doo doo.
9 comments:
I don't know about Faith. Or your dirty filthy self. I kinda like both of you just the way you are.
When Faith starts having her own children you will suddenly become all wise and knowledgeable again.I like you just the way you are too.
Girl, I have nothing to contribute in this department. I laugh hysterically with a deep belly laugh...no...it's more like a cackle...at all your jokes and join in with you on the crude and crass. Let's face it--you're hilarious, and you're a good person who is trying hard. Someone's gotta lighten the mood occasionally. Don't change a thing.
My vote is you are hilarious, too. And do we (those that aren't close enough to see you in person) get to see a picture of the new do?
You are funny, and one who I try to model my humor after! Please don't change anything about yourself!
ummm, you were not alone in those crass, dirty jokes. and to be honest, i kept laughing when i thought of all the crude, snyde cuts we all kept taking. it is what it is. and that is funny. you better not change one more thing! or someone is gonna go ape on your *#$!!!!
What is up with the preteen girls these days?? All I can say is that I understand and I am with ya! As far as the double chore duty goes....My daughters have had double chore duty so often that it doesn't even faze them anymore! Looks like I need to implement Double-double chore duty! As far as your dirty crass self goes... You must sensor for me a bit b/c you don't seem too crass and dirty to me (or maybe I think the same way so your comments don't shock me). If you want to clean up your act a bit, I am behind ya. I love you either way. You are funny even if you aren't crass! Perhaps it's the spirit prompting a change. If so...do it!
Okay....that last comment was from me! Leslie COLBERT. How am I logged in as my sister??? BTW- my sis is going to be here in less than a week!
Sooo I'm now officially afraid of preteen girls.
And you're funny so I don't know what you're talking about.
Post a Comment