Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Friday, December 5, 2008

Sweet Mesquite--BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So last night was girl's night out and the only good thing about it (and it was really good!) was the company. We had so much fun and missed all who were missing.
But that Sweet Mesquite is a crap-hole! Andrea Dent got the limpest, saddest onion rings $4.00 ever bought! Laura Clutter's kid's meal looked like it was an infant's meal! I've never in my life seen chicken tenders that flat! Those of us with halfway decent food paid way too much for it and had to put up with the frowns and scowls from those who sold it to us. When Laura and Leslie went to the counter to claim their well-deserved "I ate all my food" ice-cream cones, the guy gave them the stink eye the ENTIRE time he filled the 10 cent sugar cones with as little soft-serve as he could get away with! So needless to say it left a bad taste in all of our mouths!
Well, we pow-wowed and decided, "NO MAS'!" We're not gonna take it!! At least not sittin' down!" So, I gave fair warning to all the ladies who wanted to make a B-line for the exit and I approached the counter, with Laura watchin' my back. I told em' all about their crappy food and their crappy service and their crappy crap! And how do you think they responded? Quite crappily.
So, we have officially put not-so-Sweet-Mesquite on the black list. Hopefully that's okay with the rest of the ladies. We put our heads together and came up with some other fun places we could go and 9'ers is still a favorite.
The only thing left to do is to seal the deal by egg-ing Sweet Mesquite!!! Anybody on their way to Wal-Mart?

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I have hated the service and price value at SM since the first time I went. I am SO proud of you for letting them know they were fired!! You and Laura were so brave. I ran out the door as fast as I could!

Jennifer said...

SM used to be really good. Nice, fast, good chicken. I don't know what happened. Maybe the ladies have a reputation over there ;)

Natalee said...

Oh my gosh. it wasn't that bad when I was there. What happened? Crazy. I am so glad you guy stuck up for your selves. There is no room for crappy service. You go girl.

Lori Hurst said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I feel responsible being Enrichment Leader and all. Two months ago I was at Girls Night Out at Sweet Mesquite and the women said they wanted change. I thought about it and there is a problem - Sweet Mesquite and 9'ers are the only two places I know of that serve cafeteria style and will accomodate people arriving at all times.

So ... do we just go to 9'ers every month? Last month at 9'ers the women voted to keep things the same - but if the food is bad, I can understand.

I can't see dealing with checks. Does anyone know of another place that has the same format? I would LOVE some suggestions. I'm pretty desperate. And again, sorry.

Liz said...

lori,
don't you be sorry. It's only the fault of those fools at SM. But we knew the reason for the two places was exactly that-the cafeteria style. It just wouldn't work, splitting up a check and people coming when they can etc. etc. So that's why we put together a list of other cafeteria-style places that are close. We wrote it down and were planning on giving that to you! We will all have fun (more fun when you're there!) wherever we go! As long as it's not SM.

Alisha said...

I used to love SM! What happened?!?! Lori-- if it's anyone's fault it's mine because I was the original GNO point person who picked the place. Sorry ladies.

Laura said...

The whole evening was quite fun - including the confrontation at the end. There's nothing like a good run-in to get the blood flowing!! (Of course the majority of the sissy girls who fled out the door, didn't feel the excitement that Liz and I felt)!

Shel said...

Hey we were cheering you guys on from the parking lot!!!

Laurie said...

i'm not usually a sissy, but it was pretty fun to watch from the parking lot and dub in what we thought was being said. way to go liz and laura! props to you.