Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Friday, January 22, 2010


Proof you have ADD:

Instead of working on the room you and your spouse have designated as the current room being "fixed up", you are painting quotes above your fireplace in the middle of the night.

Well, the main reason for this little detour on our home improvements is that Jared is out of town and he would kill me for trying to do this...he painted that brick with about a million coats as per my request. He had wanted to put slate over it and I protested. So now he will just love love love to see this little surprise when he gets home from Detroit on Sunday night.

FYI:

I found this quote on Etsy (it was vinyl stick-on letters) and thought it would go perfect with my sailboat pics I got at the thrift store for $4.00 each. But I didn't want to pay the $35.oo plus shipping to buy it so I printed the quote and painted right on the brick with cheap, black craft paint. Jared should love my thrifty-nis, but he's still gonna kill me.

13 comments:

Laura said...

What a great quote! And I am very impressed with the job you did. I thought it was the vinyl letters. You should hire out!

Alison said...

You free handed that?! You have amazing handwriting.

The Noble Steeds said...

I love it! So...I shouldn't show him your post?

Alisha said...

HOW DID YOU PAINT THAT FREEHAND?!?!?

Kristie said...

That is amazing that you painted that! I would have paid the $35 just because I don't have that kind of talent. You rock!!

Oh and I loved your little story about Ethan and Faith - boys are too funny.

Court said...

Drink the wild air...yes, please. I think I will. :)

Erin said...

So beautiful!! I cannot believe you did that free handed... I can't even sign a check without messing something up... :)

Sarah said...

Jared is going to KILL you.

Court said...

P.S. I love Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

You're awesome! BTW, my girls are going through a Liz withdrawl. You need to stop by soon and see the ward's (I mean my) baby.

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

So cute! Miss you!

Natalee said...

I think you are getting in touch with your inner artist. I love it. you did a beautiful job. Very impressive.

Emily G said...

For someone who usually hates houses covered in vinyl quotes, I am actually in FULL SUPPORT of that quote on your wall, and it is 50 times more sweet that you actually PAINTED it on there instead of doing the typical peel and stick type thing. That quote is awesome. You are making me think twice about having the printed word on my walls.