
Ethan was home sick today. We had to make a trek to Wal-mart to get laundrey soap. On the way out the smell of fresh-baked cinnamon rolls wafted toward us from the bakery. Ethan announced, "I can tell by the smell that those cinnamon rolls are round. I can smell shapes."
Later, after school, I left Harris in the bathroom to cath. I came back to check on him and there was a large, strange stain on the bathroom rug. I was studying it, trying to determine the origin when Harris said, "Don't look at that! It's my throwup!" I became alarmed. "Are you okay? Are you sick, buddy?" "No, I just wanted to see what it would feel like to touch the back of my throat. It hurt. I'll never do it again!'
What a couple of weirdos!!!
17 comments:
Best Story Ever!
That really is two of the funniest stories I have read in a long time! Thanks for the laugh!
Y'all is crazy. I wish I lived there. I see in your sidebar that you bought Cellular. That movie was much better than I expected. Good call.
Oh man, kids in general are hilarious. Your kids in particular.
I can smell when my kids are playing in the toilet or jumping off their high bunk bed or anything else naughty - so I understand where Ethan is coming from. As for Harris, I'm mostly sorry you were stuck with a throw-up stain after his experiment. Throw-up stains are the worst.
I can't tell you how many times I have had to identify a stain. I totally identify. As for Ethan smelling shapes well I think he must have some kind of a super power or something. Awesome!!!
i love it! Especially where Harris yells at you to not look at it!
Sound like you had an interesting day! Thanks for making me laugh!
HOW can Mom say that my kids are her weirdest grandkids!?
good to know that the surprises never end, even when they get older!
Amen Babe. The PibbityPabsties got our kids beat. For now...
Was the throw-up stain round or square-ish? I bet Ethan could tell without looking. Ask him next time.
The other day I was telling Stephen that my back hurt double bad because I had a kidney infection and P.M.S.
Libby interrupted me and asked, "Are you trying to spell so that I can't understand what you are saying?"
My poor little lysdexic ten year old. I wonder how she thinks the word pms is pronounced.
I just read an article about how some people experience a mixing of their senses called synesthesia, ie seeing color in sounds. Maybe Ethan is one of the special few who can smell in shapes. I'd like to smell round cinnamon rolls regularly--sounds like a handy talent to me!
I was basically going to leave that comment, but I didn't want to sound too smart. Synesthesia, ha!
There certain occasions that I "feel" colors. For more on this ask me in person. Also, I can taste how food will taste BEFORE I prepare it based on the ingredients I am adding. I can tell if a certain ingredient will help or hinder a recipe. This weird gift may be based on experience...not sure. Your kids are normal and special. Does normal + special= weird?
Les, I think your extra sensory recipe skills would also be very handy. If I had that talent, I could just "taste" the entire bag of Dove heart chocolates before I ate them.
Liz, I'm honored to be the first among your "too smart" blog commenters. Indeed, I AM as bad as I wanna be. Just call me Dennis Rodman.
Post a Comment