
I got an unexpected visit from an old "friend" recently. She isn't gone yet so I'm having to force myself quickly through this post so I can attend to her. She is a quite demanding guest.
She got here about a week ago. I hadn't seen her in quite some time and I quickly remembered why I don't like having her around. I do all I can to keep her at bay but she somehow always manages to wiggle back into my life. I'm just going to vent a moment and I hope ya'll can handle it.
She is moody! I've never met anyone so unstable! I never know what she'll do next! Sometimes her behavior is rash but mostly she is just grumpy and sometimes downright mean! She is very rude--having little to no regard for others. While these things seem to take up a lot of my time and worry, she can also be irritatingly "zoned out". I'd venture to say she is mind-numbingly boring. She can be very quiet and robotic. She never wants to do ANYTHING or go ANYWHERE. She sleeps EXCESSIVELY and eats all of the junk food in my house.....ALL OF IT! She doesn't want delicious meals or just regular food! She wants fat-laden, grease-saturated, frosting-coated JUNK! When I have none left to offer she forces me out the door to buy more.
The worst part is I never know when she plans on leaving. She stays just as long as she pleases. She doesn't leave when I ask her to, or even when I TELL her to. There isn't one thing I can do to get rid of her. There isn't one thing ANYONE can do to get rid of her!! How long will she be here? I have no idea!!!
She'll finally decide, for whatever reason, to up and leave just as swiftly as she arrived, and then I'll be able to breathe again. It takes a while to transition back into normal life once she's gone. I have a lot to catch up on having neglected my life to better accomodate her endless list of demands. Who, might you ask, is this horrible girl?
Her name is Depression, and I hate her.
16 comments:
Liz, I hope your visitor leaves soon. I had noticed you have been very quiet on the blogs - posting or commenting - and I've missed you!
I wish I could offer some really great advice, but you are more knowledgeable about depression than I am. I hope you know that I am there for you and am willing to help in any way I can.
Ditto on that one-- wish there was something I could do. But you know you can call any of us when she eats all your junk food & you need some more. But she'll probably tell you not to do that too, huh? Miserable... sorry! I'll pray for her to end her visit quickly & stay away!
Liz, I am so sorry. You just amaze me with your honesty and strength! You are in my prayers, and so is your family. I'm here if you need anything, or if "she" does too!
That chic can just skeedaddle her bootie away, at least I am praying she does. Annoying visitors like that can grate on your last nerves, I'm so sorry. Call anytime, you know my leather couch is "L" shaped and we can watch some good shows you like (you can culturize me...remember what I usually watch ;) and we can eat all my junk food (I'll even buy extra and mix in some good stuff for added benefit).
Luv ya'!!
I am so sorry you are depressed. Maybe if you had the next Twilight book it would help you out. :D Just let me know when you want it.
I hope you start feeling better
Poor Liz! I have no sage advice because what do I know? (Not much, as it turns out.)
I hope she gets out of town soon and your back to your sunny self. I'll keep you in my prayers (and keep my fingers and toes crossed for good measure). *hugs*
That chick's a bitch. Let's run her out of town on a rail.
Unfortunately she seems to get around. Recognized her the minute you started describing her. What a pain! Wouldn't it be great if we could just lock her up in a basement somewhere? Haven't figured out how to get rid of her but wait her out ... so no sage advice her.
Get feeling better.
I hate that chick too! She loves to create chaos. I hope she doesn't stick around too long 'cause you are too great a person to have to put up with her drama.
I hate that!!! The waiting is the worst part. You know it is going to end soon but you can't hurry it along, you just have to wait. If you want someone to wait with you, just call, I am bored and your visitor doesn't scare me.
Jen, go wash your mouth out! Just because mom doesn't read blogs anymore doesn't mean you can use foul language. Let's call her a "stokey" instead.
I've missed your blogging posts and I'm really bummed for you that this is the reason why. I am so hoping your visitor leaves soon. The real crummy thing is there isn't anything anyone can say to make it better - so I'll just send lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers your way. Maybe that will help.
That just plain sucks! I am so sorry. Stupid depression. No matter what your unwelcome visitor is telling you, you are awesome.
I am running from my "unwanted visitor" right now. I am forcing myself to stay busy with "stuff" so that I don't have time to answer the door when she drops by. When the kids go to bed I hide in my room, turn on my TV trash and eat junk food. I figure if I am hiding in my room I won't hear her when she knocks. So far it is working but tonight I made an over-the-counter cocktail to keep the visitor at bay. Too bad that I didn't have anything good hiding in my linen closet or you know where I would be right now! The Bachelor was the bright spot of my day yesterday (although now I am anxious to know what is going to happen)! Tonight I will try to find joy in American Idol (I do adore Simon). All I can say beyond this is...I feel ya! Do you need me to come over and run you a bath and fix you lunch. Perhaps I can keep running from the visitor for a little longer by doing service.
I'm also crossing my toes for your unwanted blue funk to leave; and as anyone who has witnessed these finger-like beauties can tell you...you're in luck sista.
Until then, just give the signal when you are ready for another delivery.
i will channel all my icky thoughts at your nasty visitor and maybe she'll take the hint SOON. hang in there!
Post a Comment