Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Friday, February 20, 2009

Today I'll be working at my kids' school. That will be good for me. Once I'm out the door and around people I usually feel pretty good. And I could do that everyday (and often do) but then my house and it's uanavoidable needs become sorely neglected. The pile of laundrey next to Jared's side of the bed is becoming known as "the mound." When my kids are desperately seeking socks in the morning I say,"Go check the mound." When there isn't a pair of jeans to be found when the morning is brisk, I tell them,"I think there are some clean ones in the mound." The mound is a clever mixture of both clean and dirty clothes and I think the cat may have puked in there somewhere. She broke into the house and tore a hole in the bag of catfood in the pantry and ate to her belly's content. So, I think I got all of what looked like cat puke clothes out of the mound and into the laundrey room (still not in the washer) but you never know with a mound of this magnitude. The cat could be in there for all I know. The only answer is the laundrey mat. (I actually love the laundrey mat. Coins jingling, washers agitating, dryers humming, weirdos abound, I find it all very soothing.) It will have to be done all at once. All of it. No sense in trying to sort. If a cat puked in the mound it is all pretty unsanitary wouldn't you say? Hope CPS doesn't follow this blog.

8 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

Thank you for making me smile!

Feel better.

Lori Hurst said...

Oh, and where is the nearest laundromat? My washer is broken! And weirdos abounding? Thats just me muttering to myself!

Leslie said...

I would LOVE to offer the use of my laundry mat! Seriously, my new washer and dryer (Rose and Ruby)are HUGE. I can fit double the amount of clothes in Rose than my old one(and I thought it was big)! So really, I am happy to share my new found joy! I would love to spend the day doing your laundry for/with you Liz. I would even be willing to feed you lunch!! What do ya think??

Shel said...

I think I'd go for the Colbert French laundry mat... Oui Oui!! Who would be able to pass up such a great offer. Dare I say that that could make your laundry catchin' up quite "Fun"... I hope your day turned out to be a great one!

Court said...

Ahhh yes...that dreaded yet familiar mixture of clean and dirty. How can you tell? Let's face it, only the nose knows. At least you've got company--when the laundry pile gets taller than my kid at our house, we call it "the beast".

The laundromat looks like a really good option for you right now. You could get super fancy and even do the drop off for 50 cents a pound. Good luck with that. Holla if you need some Purex, chocolates and a People magazine delivered right to your front door.

Natalee said...

We have the same mound at our house!!! Are you copying me?

David Grover said...

Best Video Ever, Lizard!

Unknown said...

When Stephen and I first got married and had no washer or dryer, I would go to the laundromat as a last resort when we could no longer afford new underwear.