This is Amy.

She is one of the sweetest most determined gals I know. When she asked if we could have a little get together to celebrate the A she made on her college final I of course said yes.

She reminds me that I can always reach a little higher and do a little better and I am lucky she likes being my friend almost as much as I like being hers.
This is most of Pack 732.

They are rowdy, fun, energetic little guys who I get to work with in the Cub Scouting program. Jared and I were able, with generous help from other leaders and parents, to travel with them into Houston to lay Christmas wreaths on headstones in the Veteran's cemetary. I felt the spirit so strong as I watched these eager little boys traipse through the mud in the rain laying evergreen wreaths beneath the names of selfless heroes. They did it with huge smiles on their faces. My kids and Sarah's kids even got to lay a wreath on their Papaw's grave. It was a really great experience.
This is Aunt Lisa.

She would do absolutely anything for anyone including me and so I was eager to help when she asked me if I knew how to stain cabinets. (Even though the answer was no) So Jared gave me a little crash course (okay, I was eating cookies while he gave Jen a crash course) and me and Faith and Jen trekked up to Austin to see what we could manage.
When we got there the cabinets looked like this:

Twelve hours, a midnight run to Wal-mart, another to the hardware store, six attempts on an "inconspicuos" inside part of a cabinet, 25 iced oatmeal cookies, 6 liters of coke, 25 times sending the dog out of the kitchen for eating the stain, 122 m&ms, a lasagna, one minor pants-sticking episode and an entire can of easy cheese (that one was all me) later,
<>
She is one of the sweetest most determined gals I know. When she asked if we could have a little get together to celebrate the A she made on her college final I of course said yes.
She reminds me that I can always reach a little higher and do a little better and I am lucky she likes being my friend almost as much as I like being hers.
This is most of Pack 732.
They are rowdy, fun, energetic little guys who I get to work with in the Cub Scouting program. Jared and I were able, with generous help from other leaders and parents, to travel with them into Houston to lay Christmas wreaths on headstones in the Veteran's cemetary. I felt the spirit so strong as I watched these eager little boys traipse through the mud in the rain laying evergreen wreaths beneath the names of selfless heroes. They did it with huge smiles on their faces. My kids and Sarah's kids even got to lay a wreath on their Papaw's grave. It was a really great experience.
This is Aunt Lisa.
She would do absolutely anything for anyone including me and so I was eager to help when she asked me if I knew how to stain cabinets. (Even though the answer was no) So Jared gave me a little crash course (okay, I was eating cookies while he gave Jen a crash course) and me and Faith and Jen trekked up to Austin to see what we could manage.
When we got there the cabinets looked like this:
Twelve hours, a midnight run to Wal-mart, another to the hardware store, six attempts on an "inconspicuos" inside part of a cabinet, 25 iced oatmeal cookies, 6 liters of coke, 25 times sending the dog out of the kitchen for eating the stain, 122 m&ms, a lasagna, one minor pants-sticking episode and an entire can of easy cheese (that one was all me) later,
10 comments:
Those cabinets look beauuuutiful. One day I'm going to have to see if I can work some magic like that on mine!
That Amy IS adorable, and so are those cub scouts. (You look way cuter than should be allowed in your scout shirt, by the way.)
I'm amazed at the cabinets. They are incredible!
Love your post! You are so busy!
You are one the most awesome selfless contagious people I know! Good job!
Good times indeed. I love being your friend. And the cabinets look great. You GG's (Grover Girls) really know how to get the job done. And laying a wreath on your Papaw's grave...that must have been really special. Y'all have an extra dose of the Spirit of Christmas this year.
It's been forever, but I miss you! You are a gem! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.
I am impressed by every aspect of your post. Good friends, good boy scouts, and GREAT cabinets! I obviously need to follow your example and serve others more!!!!
I forgot about the pants. He he he, that was almost as funny as the dog eating your flip flop.
holy cow--can i hire you guys to come to my house and do my cabinets?
WOW those look awesome. I shall now have to fly you up to Oregon once we get out there in 6 months to fix my cabinets, too! :-)
Bridget
Post a Comment