Liz's Biz-nis
The Biz-nis of Life
Monday, December 28, 2009
Beds and Treads
I really despise New Year's Resolutions...doesn't everyone? Like, what about the first of January makes me want to do something I wasn't willing to do yesterday? But I always make NY resolutions. I just choose something really small, and unimportant, and do it to remind myself that change is possible...that I am someone who can change, albeit in small, often undetectable ways. This year Jared asked me if I could have my resolution be to stop running over the grass when I pull out of the driveway.
Two of my sisters quickly added that their dead grass could use a break from my peel-out jobs. So I decided I would oblige. But I'm also adding my own resolution and that is to make my bed...everyday...for one whole year. I never make my bed. I don't think it's important, and it wont stop me from crawling back in it, however, it's a change that will be noticeable, do-able (i think) and measurable to me. So here's to cha-cha-cha-changes!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I think those are totally do-able resolutions!! Especially the grass one ;) Good luck in the new year!!
I like your resolutions! I always feel better when I go in my bedroom and my bed is made. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something for the day!
Good for you! I never make my bed, either... and I don't plan on starting in 2010- I'm too lazy!!! Good luck with your resolutions!!!
I fully advocate only making resolutions that you feel like you will be successful at...Otherwise, what's that point? To feel like crap?
I also fully advocate making the bed everyday. The rest of your life can be in the toilet, but if your bed is made...there's a smidgen of hope.
And tell Jared to park on your side of the driveway if he doesn't like the treadmarks. Resolution? Check.
I never make my bed -maybe I need to steal your resolution. But unlike you, I doubt I could stick to it - I need something even more doable like maybe something I am already doing!
I never make my bed -maybe I need to steal your resolution. But unlike you, I doubt I could stick to it - I need something even more doable like maybe something I am already doing!
u know how i feel about nyr's. NOT A HOLIDAY.
i could never commit to making the bed every day--you are amazing!
Post a Comment