Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Friday, July 17, 2009

Family Night Fun

















For Family Home Evening the boys made the treats and pretended it was a cooking show. I love how Ethan is smoking a butter knife! Clever. Harris named these delectable treats (homemade frosting that looked like re fried beans spread between two broken pieces of stale graham cracker and no, I haven't been to the store in ages!) fudgey buns. Who knows? He usually reserves that term for insulting his siblings.
The lesson was about setting goals and at one point we went around the room and each took turns listing some of our short and long-term goals.

Faith: "Go to college. Run a marathon. Get married in the temple."

Ethan: "Become an Eagle Scout. Serve a mission."

Harris: "Get a wife. Get a moustache."

11 comments:

Alisha said...

Have I mentioned how much I love that kid? He comes up with the best stuff.

Shel said...

That is Rockin'! They look like they were enjoying making their "fudgey buns". I love their goals, too!

Lori Hurst said...

Great kids!

I like 'fudgy buns' as an insult - might just start using it (no offense to your treat ...)!

Melanie said...

Hilarious - both the butter knife cigar and Harris' goals. A moustache - how funny is that?

Laura said...

So funny!

Fudgy Buns sound yummy (although I think I'd try them with fresh graham crackers!)

Andrew said...

I hope I'm not the one who inspired the mustache goal.

Court said...

Awesome. All 3 answers. Totally awesome.

Ash Kelley said...

i like harris 's style. wife before the mustache. and fudgey buns is such a good one. travis will never hear the end of it.

Natalee said...

What little boy doesn't aspire to someday have a wife and mustache. awesome!!!!

Kristie said...

Brent says his goal is to get a wife that likes his mustache.

Debbie and Boys said...

Just catching up on your blog and had to stop when I saw your kitchen! Thats nearly as close as the color of my Idaho Kitchen!!!
Love the color.
K-back to reading.