Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

BIZ-NIS

Sorry I've been negligent with my blogging lately. It is 5:20 a.m. and I couldn't sleep so I've been repenting for my evil ways and catching up for the past couple of hours.

A few items of Biz-nis.

1) I have a new calling and it is called, Cub-committee chair. That's scout-talk for plan and execute the monthly pack meetings. I plan on getting totally into it. I'm sure my new blog background did not go unnoticed.

2) Faith really wants visitors on her blog so I posted the info over there (see right) and yet have no idea how to make my complete profile available. Help anyone? I can ask Jen.

3) I am going to the dentist today for the first time in fourteen years. Pain in the mouth and in the wallet.

4) My in-laws are coming! I don't really need to expound, do I?

5) Harris is getting baptized (hence, the in-laws) It will be on April the 18th at 12:30 p.m. Please come.

6) Jared is working on the house (again, the in-laws) This is always fun, cuz stuff gets done, and also frustrating. If you've ever been around when Jared is trying to get things done on the house you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, consider yourself lucky. Just think of the "crazy eyes" we've previously discussed. What is it about men and home repairs that brings out the beast in them?

7) I made up a joke at dinner, totally on the spot. I am an endless well of wit! Here it is:

What do you need to make a ghost costume?

Holy Sheet!

17 comments:

Alisha said...

I can't figure out how to get to your profile to get to faith's blog! Help me!

Shel said...

Congrats on the new calling! You will so rock it! The Cubs are so fun cuz they are so excited about EVERYTHING! I am trying to get to Faith's blog, too.. I will be thinking about you today with your dentist appt. I hope it goes smoothly. I know you are not looking forward to it. We should have a girls lunch/snack/late night drink somewhere to have some reprieve from all the 'stuff' going on.. it's busy these days :)

Shel said...

I found a way to get to your profile... I went to a comment you made on Laura's blog, but Faith's blog wasn't on there... well there was another blog listed on your profile but it is an invited readers only blog.

Lori Hurst said...

I was cub committee chair as my first calling in this ward. Lots of work - you will do great!

Natalee said...

Congrats on Harris getting baptized. Hooray!!! I can't believe how old he is. At least jared is a professional and know what he is doing. and he does a great job. Cubs will be awesome. You will rock.

Unknown said...

Cooter Biz...

How big of a P.O.S. do you drive when you crash it going about 10mph and it is considered totaled?

Bye Bye dreams of no car payment.

I am an emotional cripple. Help me Liz. I am paralyzed by anxiety. I was doing so well.

Jennifer said...

I will work on your profile. I expect to see your teeth.

Liz said...

Alright, I did some stuff. We can change it up according to your comfort level since I made Faith's blog non-invite only. I also added her to your bloglist and your profile. I added your profile to your blog. Let me know.

Liz said...

Oh, yeah. And I added a random question to your profile, and I answered it.

Jennifer said...

That last comment was me - I was still logged in as you. I also did something to your email so that you have to approve each comment that appears on Faith's blog before it is published. Those emails will show up with a star next to them.

Laura said...

I loved all of my Cub Scout callings! And I have done them all - Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Den Leader, Cubmaster, and Pack Committee Chair. It is so much fun to work with the Cub Scouts - they are so excited to be in Scouting. You and Jared will do great! And I love how you have embraced Cub Scouting as your blog design!

Andrew said...

I just read Faith's blog and present the following quotations as evidence that she is truly her parents' daughter:

"she did a dane good job"
"stinkish dancing"
"My eyes were popping out of my head"

I rest my case.

Court said...

Love it. Happy to see you back!

So glad you & Jared will be in Cub Scouts. Those pack meetings are going to ROCK.

Excellent work on the dentist. It's gotta be done. Hopefully your jaw didn't pop out of place and get stuck there.

Count me and my gang IN for the baptism. Let me know what you would like me to do to help out.

Can't wait to see what Jared's done on your house in preparation for the in-laws. Nothing like a little anxiety to get a project started!

Jenae said...

I finally tried a buttermilk cake donut sans glaze. It. Was. Delicious. I never would have known without your blog. Good luck at the dentist!

Ash Kelley said...

whats wrong with your teeth?

The Genetic Mule said...

I am dying to hear about how the dentist trip goes.

Shel said...

quick question? when we post a comment on Faith's blog and it gets approved can only she see it?