Well. I have good friends. With really good advice. Thanks for all of it. It really helped me so much. I would recommend all of you to be counselors of some sort but your skills are being put to much better use as mothers.
So Coach Hall and I had a good talk on the phone. With thoughts of friends cheering me on in the background I was assertive and able, but mostly, after much prayer, the Lord helped me to be kind. I was able to get my point across without being on the offensive which is hard for me to do when I am emotionally close to the situation. Because I was able to be un-offensive, he was able to be non-defensive and this allowed us to work together and be on the same page. We both decided Harris was miserable in P.E. and that this isn't okay. So he offered to send Harris to Art or Music in lieu of P.E. until I decide what I want to do next. This will at least give Harris a break from crying and having anxiety about this and then we can come up with the right solution. I would opt for adaptive P.E, designed for kids with limitations and implemented by a special ed. coach, but it is held during his math time not during P.E. time, and I'm not down with him getting pulled from much needed class for yet one more thing...especially something non-essential like P.E. So we will see. Thanks again, for all the EXCELLENT feedback.
6 comments:
So fantastic! I'm really happy for you and for Harris. Extra art and music rock! Way to stay in control during a stressful situation. This news is adding to my already awesome Friday.
Good job. Im sorry adaptive PE is during math. What up with that. Anyway, I would take extra art and music anytime.
Like I said, you are an excellent communicator. And the Lord was on your side so the Spirit helped keep you calm. Good job Mom!
Wonderful news! Way to work it, mom!! I am sure Harris (and you will be much happier.
Way to go in with the Spirit!! I'm so glad that you were able to find a solution.
yay! so glad you could come up with something (for now) that reduces everyone's stress...and that you were able to have a peaceable conversation that actually resulted in thoughtful action!
Post a Comment