Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Monday, February 15, 2010

Akathesia is for the birds!!!

Akathesia. It is like hell. It is a side effect I experienced all weekend on a med i was taking (and am now not taking, thank you very much!) To quote a gal (from online) who had the same experience, "It is a movement disorder where you become extremely restless and are constantly moving and pacing. It felt like my body was alive and it was this intense internal restlessness and a constant need to move. It was severe restlessness. I couldn't sit down for more than a couple minutes, I couldn't sleep, my body just kept moving." That is the perfect description of what I was feeling. It was like torture. So my weekend was rough. But it's starting to go away so yay.

9 comments:

Alisha said...

That sounds like pure torture-- I'm sorry! Glad you're off it & hope you're feeling more settled! Missed seeing you & your fam yesterday!

Kristie said...

Man - that would be horrible!! I hope it goes away quickly. Side effects suck!!

Laura said...

That sounds horrible! I hope the effects go away quickly.

Court said...

Missed y'all yesterday. Side effects ARE for the birds.

Laurie said...

wanna run another 10? it can cure you for almost 2 hours because you are moving, right?!?!

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shel said...

That is the pits.. so sorry. Finding meds that work sucks.. I hate hate hate side effects.

Natalee said...

I am so so sorry. Yuck!!!! Glad you're feeling better.

Mary Arlene said...

That sounds horrible i am glad it is going away. Wait a second...I never saw you sit down more than 2 seconds at a time before so this must have been REALLY bad.