My in-laws are here! They arrived at 10:30 tonight. I am unable to sleep because I was s-i-c-k all day and took several naps b/c of it. I had a really nasty stomach bug so thank goodness for my mom who came over to help me clean and shop. She always saves my day.I went to the dentist. He said I had a pretty smile and then proceeded to tell me that I had a cavity in about every tooth and four wisdom teeth that are due for extraction. Only $3500.00! Wow! What a deal! I will begin procedures on the 27th.
Jared's crazy eyes are back to their normal size. We finished a lot of stuff on our house. Well, he did. I managed to keep me and the kids out of his way--mostly. I'll post pics of the house soon.
I am excited for Harris to get baptized. He is too.
Oh. And my scalp is super itchy! Any advice? I should probably start by washing my hair.
12 comments:
Hey Liz,
Did you get my note? Isn't Austyn hilarious?
Maybe your head wouldn't itch so much if you used some of that "dry scalp" shampoo that you bought for "someone else" in your family the other day.
...My head itches constantly. In the past I've used the shampoo that stinks and dyes your bathtub blue, and it wasn't glamorous smelling or looking, but my head didn't itch anymore.
Wouldn't it be terrific if the shampoo died your hair blue now that you've invited everyone on the entire internet to come see Harris' baptism?
Wally called!!!! Kathleen is getting induced today!!! My mom is on her way up to Nacogdoches to watch the girls while Kathleen is in the hospital.
I'll call you if there are any important updates, and by important updates, I mean nephews being born.
Talk to ya later,
Courtney
I am so sorry about the dentist. Especially the wisdom teeth part. I had that done when I was in high school. I was just put completely under. To be honet i didn't think recovery was that bad. You've had three kids you will be fine.
Hooray for Harris getting baptized!!!
I don't know what to say about itchy scalp. Last time I had itchy scalp it was lice. Horrible!!!
I'm sorry you were sick. I am glad you are on the mend. I think we need to coordinat our insomnia so we can talk or something in the middle of the night.
Well, I have itchy scalp, and head and shoulders makes it worse. Bunch a liars. Now I try to rub conditioner right into my scalp while I'm putting it on my hair - shut up Paula Begoony - and it helps a little bit. It's probably the same problem you have with the rest of your skin. Overly dry. Or lice.
I have "sympathy ictch" on my scalp for you. I get that way when someone talks about symptoms.. I'll start thinking, hmmm my scalp itches or my head hurts, etc.... weird I know. Tomorrow is your buttermilk donut day.. that is good news. You know I still haven't tried them! We're looking forward to Harris' big day.. that's so awesome. It's good that you finally got the first dentist visit over with and now it's just trudging through the procedures which you will do great... (p.s. I had about the same thing happen to me after not going to the dentist for 9 years.. I now have fillings in pretty much every tooth and it took a few visits to get them all done).
I feel your dentist pain. My X-Rays are pure white cuz I have so many fillings!!! I had my wisdom teeth pulled in college with just a local anesthetic and it was super easy, so no worries! Sorry about your itchy scalp, I have dermatitis of the scalp and my dermatologist recommends washing my hair daily (which I HATE). I also found that Herbal Essences "No Flakin' Way" helps a lot.
When I got my wisdom teeth taken out I did a clinical trial for pain medication. Not only did I get them out for free but I got paid over 400 dollars to do it. Maybe you could see if there are any trials like that in your area. Then you could put the money toward the rest of your dental bill.
Also for the itchy scalp I have been told not to use hot water when you wash your hair. It's supposed to over dry the skin. I don't listen to that though because I love hot showers, but it's hot there in Texas so maybe it wouldn't be so bad to take a cold shower.
I'm glad you made it to the dentist - I totally understand dental avoidance. I'm sorry it's going to be so expensive. I also have only filled teeth in my mouth (other than the crowns and front 8 top and bottom.) My mouth is worth a FORTUNE!
If you find something that works for an itchy scalp, let me know, would you?
Congratulations on Harris' upcoming baptism! That is such a special event. For those of us with short memories, when is it again? And is anyone welcome?
Selsun Blue or RID.
What an awesome day it was Saturday! Harris' baptism was special--so so special. It was such a privilege to be there and support such a wonderful choice.
I'm very glad Sarah did the Primary Welcome--she always does such a fine job with public speaking and I know I would have started bawling. I don't know how she does it. Great work Aunt Sarah!
Do you suppose donuts have anything to do with the teeth? The cost sounds outrageous!! T-Gel for the scalp. T-Gel smells horrible but it works. I need to drop in sometime to see your "new" house. Harris's baptism was beautiful.
Oh, BTW- still owe you a homemade batch of donuts. I haven't forgotten (but I haven't exactly remembered either)!
I saw the new living room in Faith's FHE wrestling videos. It looks great!
Hey, I don't know if you looked this up or not but I looked it up for you. There are two websites that are doing clinical trials of wisdom teeth extraction in your area. The websites are http://www.scirex.com/eng_cur_Wisdom_Teeth_FAQ.aspx
and
http://www.texasclinicaltrials.net/index.html
I don't know what they're paying but at the very least you won't have to pay to get that part of your dental work done. There could be more but those are the first two I saw.
Post a Comment