Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gotta Love Modern Medicine



Proof my meds are working:

1) I drove to the medical center, during rush hour, in the pouring rain, with Harris in the car asking me his same 5 questions, and.....I WAS FINE! I wasn't the least bit anxious. No white knuckles gripping the steering wheel, and no heart palpitations! I felt very calm and in control. Wow. Whole new feeling.

2) I've had a gazillion kids in my messy house all week to celebrate spring break with my kids and I've actually enjoyed it! I haven't stressed about the sound, sight or smell of my house. I haven't felt like I wanted to shut myself into my bedroom and hide or kick them all out. I've actually felt great joy in hanging out with my kids who are at a really great age, and their friends, who are some really great kids. I even joined in on some dancing and water fighting! It has been a blast! Wow! Joy! What a feeling!


3) I did some research on how to certify as a group fitness instructor and.....I was FINE! I didn't get all overwhelmed and start to panic that I needed to read every stitch of information ever written on the subject. I didn't let the long list of requirements knock the wind out of my sails. I didn't feel a sudden need to make it my whole life and be the best at it or anything. I didn't have an idenity crisis about where and how this would fit into my life. I was just able to reasearch something that interests me, and that could benefit my family, and take it all in stride! WOW! What a concept!


Yay for me! Yay for my drug dealer! Yay for medication! Yay for the Lord!
I still have a ways to go, but I have come so far!

17 comments:

Randi said...

CONGRATS!!

I am so happy for you!

You looked amazing as always on Sunday- wish we could have chatted!

When you get cetified let me know- I would love to take a class from you where you kicked my trash! :)

Alisha said...

That is AWESOME Liz! Way to go! Your dedication to your mental health is seriously amazing. I hope you have many more days like this!

Jennifer said...

That. Is. Awesome.

Natalee said...

Yay for Liz! Yay for Liz! Yay for Liz!

Melanie said...

Oh, so awesome, Liz!

And will you be a personal fitness trainer for me and my large butt? Please?

Alisha said...

Oh... Oh... Oh... (hand raised) PICK ME! Get my big butt in shape too!

Court said...

I'm so impressed by you. #1-3 would make ANYBODY feel some anxiety and you are doing great! Keep knockin' this one out of the park.

P.S. I would totally take your fitness class.

Shel said...

You so rock my friend!!

Natalee said...

What are you on? I need that!

Gary

Laura said...

Way to go, Liz! I'm glad you are having such a great week.

Lori Hurst said...

I am so glad your meds are working! I am thrilled that you are enjoying your kids! Keep it up!

Alison said...

I am so glad to hear that your meds are working. I would have completely died in traffic in the rain. I hate driving in the rain.

Hope you continue to have a great spring break!

Carol Beck said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR YOUR MEDS ARE WORKING FOR YOU!!!!! i wish i could say the same. i still have this anxiety thing that comes over me everyday around 4:30pm and lasts the rest of the evening. i guess that's when my meds wear off. i take them at 7:00pm because if i take them any later i'm sleepy in the morning and can't drive anywhere safely. ask laura about the 2 times she had to take me home from weight watchers because i was too sleepy to drive!

Carol Beck said...

by the way.....count me in for the fitness class too!

Leslie said...

So glad that you are having great success! When meds work...they work! YAY for a good week. Hey, did I ever tell you that I want to certify to become a yoga instructor? I set a goal at some point this year to lose weight and begin certification within one year. Can't remember when I set this goal....I suppose a year from today works! BTW-the drive downtown you described sent ME into a panic!

Jamee said...

Yeah Liz! I am so glad the medicine is actually working. Medicine is definitely a gift from God. And you would make a great fitness instructer! Although your students will probably end up laughing more than exercising cuz you are so funny!

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Liz! I have found you .. and I'm glad! I was reading through some of your old blogs .. and wow! We need to catch up! I can't believe how old your kids are getting! You look amazing! Please email me so I can add you to my blog .. it's private so I'll just need an email. Email me at jenniefullmer@hotmail.com with your email! Love ya and hope all is well .. or at least getting better! :)