Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Anniversary in San Antonio

Well, the J-Dawg and I have been married for a million years so to celebrate, we drove to San Antonio before my mom could realize what she'd gotten herself into with our quarrelsome brood at home. We stopped at a Bucee's on the way down. I don't know if Bucee's is just a southern thing, or if they are international or what, but lemme tell ya! This was quite an experience for me, who had never been! This is the Taj Mahal of gas stations my friends. I had to get some buccee nuggets (glorified corn pops, but worth the whopping 200 calories a handful) and Jared tried rock candy for the first time. His exact words were "Rock candy is damn good!" (Repeated about 10 times!)We also stopped at the outlets in San Marcos (voted best in the country!) on the way down and I spent way too much at my favorite stores, while Jared cheered me on as usual....no one keeping us on financial track in this marriage! Well, there's Faith. Anyway, we stayed at a nice hotel, saw two movies IN A ROW (just because we could!) and also went to Fiesta Texas and rode every roller coaster about 5 times. It was so FUN! Jared spent $30.00 shooting hoops to win me this high quality stuffed whale.
On the way home we took a detour to stop at this crazy place called Snake Farm. It was disgusting, yet very fascinating. They had over 500 live animals to look at, mostly snakes and crocs.
?


They had a petting zoo which Jared was all about but for those of you who know me I abstain from touching most animals. These three little pigs did make me miss Faith, Ethan and Harris though. But still, nooo touch-y!! And Jared INSISTED on stroking this goats beard


It was a great trip. Here's to the next dozen years, J. There's no one I'd rather spend them with. I love you.

20 comments:

Alisha said...

If you were in San Antonio this weekend, then you missed Harris' testimony on Sunday. I'm sure you've heard about it. It was the best testimony ever. EVER!

Happy anniversary-- how nice you got to get away! Sounds like a great trip! I bet San Antonio doesn't know what hit em!

Court said...

Nothin' says "I love ya babe...thanks for the last 12 years" like your man persevering at the hoops to win you a stuffed whale. Props to J-Dawg! Happy Anniversary to y'all! As Doug and I always say, "We coulda done worse!"

Court said...

P.S. I love Buc-ees! Next time you go please try their apple streudel. It's no cream cheese kolache, but the crispy, cinnamoney, deliciousness is worth the calories in its own right.

Kristie said...

I'm so glad you got to try "Corn Pop on Steriods"! I love those things! Sounds like a great anniversary trip. Here's to another 12 years!

Melanie said...

Oh, fun! Good for you for unloading the kiddos and getting away. Happy Anniversary...

Rob's Northrops said...

That was a hilarious post. You two are so funny. I WISH I could hang with y'all again. I couldn't stop laughing at the part about the rock candy.

jamie said...

ahhh! SO nice...time away from the kids, hanging out with your husband, a bunch of snakes...doesn't get any better than that!

Jennifer said...

I gotta say that you and J look gorgeous in every single one of those pictures. And your hair looks good. Not that you will believe me. You are an addict.

Alison said...

You trip sounds like so much fun! I absolutely love buc-ees. They have one down by surfside beach in Freeport that is AMAZING. It has TONS of beach stuff. Everything that you could have forgotten at home and need at the beach is there.

I loved all the pictures. You look great! Happy Anniversary!!

Natalee said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are a beautiful couple. You deserved to get away. I'm glad you had a great time.

Unknown said...

You guys are just big kids! I never would have guessed that you would go roller coaster riding (without your kids!!!) for your anniversary.

Liz Pabst, I should never underestimate your funness capacity.

I am glad you had a great time.

Whidget said...

What fun!! I love the outlets at San Marcos. They cost me a LOT Of money when I lived in Austin! :-) Who needs fiscal responsibility!? That's why we have Obama, right? Haha.

We will be out in Houston (well, me and the kiddies--Whit has to work) around Thanksgiving. We'd love to see you!

Bridget

Leslie said...

Yay! You and "Big Jared" got to get away. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the LOVE. <3

Lori Hurst said...

Sweet! And busy!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Laura said...

Sounds like a great trip (all except the snakes). I'm glad Jared made you go away with him. Next time try the fudge at Buc-ees - it's wonderful!

Happy belated anniversary!

Shel said...

Fun times!! I have to agree with all that you guys are rockin' in the pictures!! And, Buc-ees is the best!! That bathroom is AMAZING! It's ginormous.. for reals! It's great that you two got away and were able to have a blast! Congrats!

Ash Kelley said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys know how to live it up. 2 movies in a row, roller coasters not to mention snakes! And Bucee's I love those restrooms. Best place to pee (or poop) in public!

Sarah said...

The thing I liked most about the details of your trip is that it sounds like ya'll were drunk or stoned or both the whole time. Freaking out about rock candy. Wanting to touch a goat's beard. Thinking a roadside snake farm looks exciting. The fact that ya'll were sober makes you both even more interesting. Or is there a minor detail you are choosing not to disclose about your trip to San Antonio...

Natalee H. said...

This post was awesome. And now I feel ripped that in all my time in Texas I never made it to a Bucees. I am also now terribly curious about Harris' testimony...