Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Look what I can do!



Harris has always had trouble walking down stairs and as a result, usually just slides down on his butt. He has had physical therapists who work repeatedly on helping him use a handrail and walk down the stairs, a much more socially acceptable and feasible way. The other day, he decided to master this skill all on his own!
p.s-He dresses himself and his clothes are always on inside-out.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Go Harris! No handrail or anything!

It's so cute to see how proud he is. And I love hearing your voice on the tape, Liz. You sound just the same as 25 years ago. :)

By the way, will you email me your phone number? I'll take you up on your offer to call and tell all about my woes.

Kristie said...

I love the way he didn't even use the handrail! Great job, Harris! It won't hurt to try using the handrail - I don't think I could make it down the stairs without the rail.

Sarah said...

That was awesome. It was way better than Angelo. If Angelo tries to wear socks on the stairs he always falls. And I'm not talking about a little trip I'm talking about from the top stair all the way to the bottom. Way to go Harris!

Jennifer said...

Go Harris! It's your birfday! Gonna party like it's your birfday!

Doubly awesome b/c no braces.

Court said...

Wow--I'm so proud of Harris. What a guy! He is so cool. I want to try harder at challenging things just like Harris.

Shel said...

Way to go Harris!! You are Amazingly Awesome at that!!

jamie said...

i got all misty-eyed. thanks for sharing his triumph with us!

Rob's Northrops said...

I loved that!

Court said...

I loved it so much I had to play it again this morning! You and J are such a good team.

Natalee said...

Hooray fo Harris!!! i don't think I could make it down the stairs with out the hand rail.

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Congrats Harris!

Jamee said...

Go Harris! You must be so proud!! He is lucky to have such a great mom!