Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Monday, May 18, 2009

A New Friend


Meet James.

A boy who knocks on the door every day after school and asks for not Faith, not Ethan, but Harris.....every time.

A boy who, through his own challenges with Autism, understands what it's like to feel different.

A kid who takes a little longer to learn and understand many concepts, and is patient as Harris struggles to do the same.

A kid who doesn't even seem to notice Harris' braces, who doesn't ask him why he's always shaking his head or tell him he asks too many questions.

A boy who sees all that Harris has to offer.


I'm grateful that in addition to the loving friends and family Harris has in his life he now has James as well. He is an answer to the prayers of a worried mother's heart.

14 comments:

Natalee said...

James is a godsend. I can totally identify. Something like your child making a good friend can be so important. I am so glad.

Kristie said...

Yeah for James. Our family loves Harris, so we now love James!

Alisha said...

Every little boy needs a buddy. Any adult who meets Harris loves him but kids need little people to love & accept them too, no matter what. I'm so glad he has James!

Andrea Dent said...

This post really almost made me cry. There's nothing like having a buddy!

Laura said...

I'm so glad Harris has James! There's nothing better than a friend who understands and accepts you for who you are.

Court said...

James rocks. His mama is giving him a good raisin'. Good friends are some of the Lord's tender mercies toward us.

Rob's Northrops said...

Liz, you are awesome. With one post, you are cracking me up, and the next you are making me cry. What a sweet story.

Shel said...

Tender spirits reaching out to each other... Awesome. Great friends are the best!

Melanie said...

Sweet, very, very sweet.

Jennifer said...

I have been praying for a while for Harris' friend to come along. I knew he was out there. And looky there - it's James. Awesome.

Jenae said...

That's so precious! Thank goodness for little boys!

Laurie said...

we love harris. that james kid is awesome and smart. i'm sure his life is blessed just the same, because of harris.

Cheryl said...

Liz, don't know if you remember me, Cheryl Mathis? But my oldest Emily is blind and it really is a blessing when these kind of kids come into our lives and love our kids just the way they are.

jamie said...

that was a pick-me-up. thanks.