Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Thursday, May 14, 2009


My right ear gives me trouble every time I try to put an earring in it. It has been this way for a long time. Sarah had the same problem, and got it re-pierced. A few months later it went right back to being partially closed up every time she tried to put an earring in it. For this reason I have just decided to live with it which really translates into almost never bothering with earrings. But the other day I really wanted to wear this pretty new pair I got for my birthday. So I put my left earring in, it was easy, same as always. After messing with the right ear for several minutes, I asked Jared if he wouldn't mind trying to get it into my ear. He proceeded to put the earring in partway, a process that seemed to hurt a lot more than usual, and then, after trying to push it all the way through for quite some time he said,"You'll have to try to finish it, I can't get it." So I stepped up to the mirror to see if I could finish the job and realized he had put it through my second hole! I hadn't had an earring in there since I was 18!

17 comments:

Leslie said...

OUCH!! Just like in life...some holes never completely heal!

Liz said...

What the HELL are you doing up? Pardon my french.

Jennifer said...

Isn't everyone up right now?

Leslie said...

Ummm, I could ask you the same thing!?! OUr presidency meeting ran late and now I can't sleep!

Leslie said...

WHy didn't i plan my Girls Night In for 1:30am??? HA!!

Unknown said...

He did it on purpose! You know he wishes it was still the 90's.

Don't take it out. I think you might be one of the few people over thirty in this day and age who could pull it off.

You're not a regular mom. You're a cool mom.

Sarah said...

You paid too much for that bell thing.

Kristie said...

I have a second hole on my left ear also and I often find that I have put my earring in the wrong one, but it doesn't hurt. None of mine will ever close! I used to be annoyed, but I think now I'm glad because that sounds painful. What women do for beauty, ugh!!

Court said...

Y'all are all hilare. For reals.

Alison said...

Ouch! I have the same exact problem with my ears closing up. I just constantly wear studs or small earrings and just change them out when I want to wear my nice ones.

Whidget said...

Wow--you're officially a bad girl. Double peircing and profanity all in one post! :P

I have a second hole (on both ears) that hasn't had anything in it in... like 10 years!! I wonder if it's still there or if it's closed up...

Sounds painful, so I won't be trying mine!! Shame on Jared for not noticing it was a little too high to be your main hole! :-)

Bridget

Natalee said...

That sounds extremely painful. I am so sorry. I am still waiting for my second holes to close up. I haven't had anything in them for years and there they sit as holey as ever.

Rob's Northrops said...

I just laughed so hard that snot came out of my nose!

Laura said...

That sounds very painful.

You are a brave woman. If I let Robert try to put in my earrings, I would probably end up with a totally new hole!!

Laurie said...

i have 2 holes, but i kind of want to keep the 2nd....oh wait, we are talking about ears.

Liz said...

Laurie-you nasty!

Lorin said...

My holes are so big that the earing part that sticks out got stuck inside my earlobe.It hurt.