Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Thursday, May 21, 2009

How does your garden grow?...............With the help of this lady!

Some of ya'll are lucky enough to know this great gal.
She is my friend, Courtney, and besides her beautiful face, and home, and kids and the list goes on and on, she has an out-of-this-world beautiful yard! I have admired it for a couple of years now so when she offered to help me cap off my recent home improvements with some landscaping aid I quickly took her up on it.
We planned and shopped, we bought and transported, we dug and we hoed. We planted and we watered. It was a glorious two days. We recruited Jen who happily came down the street with her pack and play in tow for Elsa. She also kept Elsa happy on a drive or two so we could hammer it out and get it done. (You'll also notice the random picture of her and Claire playing ball which I just threw in because I thought it was funny.)
Needless to say I LOVE the end result! (of my yard, not the picture, although that also makes me smile...mostly cuz Jen's got a priceless expresson on her face.) Where once was a weed-infested jungle is now a beautiful garden of plants, bushes and grasses. I've kept almost everything alive for over a month now! I really enjoy going out each night and watering. It's a soothing ritual I get to do all by myself and I'm not big on rituals so I've impressed myself by maintaining the upkeep (remember the teeth I can't seem to brush at night thus the eighteen cavities!) Most of them are blooming and super colorful! I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them.
Thanks Courtney! I couldn't have and wouldn't have done it without you!
Oh yes, and thank you, Jen!!



8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You better get that damn picture off.

Whidget said...

I love all the photos! :-) What fun! I have been majorly spoiled here. I live next to a gardener, and she does my yard and hers, too! I mean, she does lawn ornaments, (lights), decorations, flowers, plants, etc!! I am such a brat. I am not looking forward to the real world and doing my own yard!!
Yours looks great!! I can't wait for the flowering pics. And don't take down the pic of Jen. It's cute. We never recognize the beauty in ourselves!

Bridget

Kristie said...

I've seen your landscaping and it is beauuuuuutiful. I was actually coveting it, but now I know your secret - watch out court - everyone is going to want you now!

Natalee said...

Wow, it looks fantastic. Courtney is a miracle worker. I love it. Also I love the picture of Jen. She is awesome.

Court said...

Wow Liz--what an awesome blog shout out! It was my pleasure. I'm so glad you like the end result! We couldn't have done it without Jen!

It is really fun for me to work on projects. I feel like most things in life are easier and more fun to do with a sister/friend.

May your garden bloom and prosper!

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Wish I could see it in person! Looks like you had fun and did a wonderful job! Good work!

Ash Kelley said...

man i'm jealous. that's awesome. i really want to start a garden. i do get to weed the flower beds and the kids help by pulling all my flowers off, not the weeds. so like i said i'm jealous. and keep the picture of jen on.

jamie said...

all of you ladies are great--i miss you--i wasn't there long enough. wait--actually, i was in texas precisely long enough (hee, hee.) do you have to stay in texas? couldn't i just transport you all to my neighborhood in washington???