Add two stubborn red-heads
Mix with one sleeping beauty,
Now gently fold in one tube-addicted husband
Next, quickly add large amounts of greeezy take-out
Stir until just before midnight and then....
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Yeah, we really know how to party!
10 comments:
I like this post! Very clever. Hope you had fun even though you were tired.
Anytime you have some family time mixed with greezy take out, it's gotta be fun. I hope you got to crash and get some rest after the celebrating!
We went to Ben and Amy's and played Ticket to Ride while watching marathon episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter (Ben and Amy have never seen... wow!). I even won one game... miracles do happen! Midnight came and passed and we were like "uh, oh yeah Happy New Year guys!"... Classic!
Happy New Year!!!
Shel-
We missed ya at Jens house. We played Rock Band all night. To be honest most years the Bradshaw family New years parties are just exactly like the Pabsts. Eating and going to bed early.
That picture of your living room (plus Jared) looks gorgeous!
We have had many New Year's Eves like that - just trying to hang on until midnight!
hahahah
sounds just like our party! Minus a red head or two.
I agree with Jennifer that your living room looks great. Very magazine-ish.
And also, I got your reply posts into my email inbox regarding the SLU stuff, but I can't reply back since "Bloggin, Bloggin, Bloggin" disapeared. Long story short: SLU is the new hit word in my family, and generated some of the most fasninating conversation I have had with them in years. I think Laurie is right that everyone is a SLU to someone else. I never had the proper terminology for it, but I now realize that I spend too much time aggravated over my version of SLUs, and then too much time thinking what a terrible person I am for hating them in the first place. I need to work on both this year. Happy new year, and thanks for the great insights.
hey girl! wish we could of celebrated together. glad to be back....can't wait to get on our bucket list.
happy 2009!
Happy New Year! We were all asleep before midnight as well, so it seems we were in good company. :)
May your 2009 be filled with health, prosperity, and of course, innumerable wacky hijinks!
hee, hee. everyone in our family had been skiing all day (except me, of course) so everyone was asleep by 10:30 and i was bored to death like i was all day...AND i didn't even get to have greasy take-out!
Post a Comment