Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

There I was, minding my own business...........

Okay. Up until now I have been a self-proclaimed anti-blogger. I have preached the evils of blogs. I've said how it makes people become famous in their own minds and, much like the stars of hollywood who suddenly think even their nail color should be front page news, blog about everything from the color of their baby's poop to what they ate for their anniversary dinner (including a picture which may or may not be a re-creation!) You could easily point out that I could not know all of this without having looked at peoples' blogs which leads me to my point. The people I love and care about, well, the truth is, I do care about their baby's poop and their anniversary dinner--okay, maybe not the poop. But while I have always felt that if you are important enough to me for me to be telling you about my life, then we should be talking on the phone regularly and that is when we will be reporting such news, I am quickly learning that the world has crossed over into blogs and facebook and the like as a way to communicate. So I'm realizing that if I ever want to chat with any of my friends that live far away this is the only means by which it is going to happen with any kind of consistency. So now that I have insulted everyone who has a blog you can all follow along as I get sucked into the vortex of blogs and probably become the worst poop reporter of all! I will apologize in advance for three things:

1) The boring nature of my life. But as I have recently learned, the people you call friends care about the boring and mundane in your life, or else their lives are boring and mundane enough that it is sometimes fun to look at the the boring and mundane life of another.

2) That I am completely computer illiterate and watching me develop this blog will probably be similar to watching mold grow--same pace and same amount of excitement. I do not know what I am doing and I am not a fast learner. Plus I haven't been in school for so long I don't even know how to spell grammar! Or is it grammer?

3) Most of it will be about me, hence the title. I would love to say that it is a compilation of all our family happenings, a joint effort in which our family chronicles our history for our posterity. But, I am a selfish person whose thoughts are almost completely centered around myself and my long list of problems and plus I don't think I could interest Jared in anything about a blog (or anything else for that matter) unless it has a ninja or some sort of fight scene in it. This is the man who calls evey movie that is not an action flic Anne of Green Gables. Luckily, he and my 3 children often land at the top of my long list of problems and so you'll get to hear about them plenty too. If you care. But I guess that's the beauty of blogs. If you are lookin' at it you must care--or something like that.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

oh, liz, you TOTALLY made my day! welcome to the wonderful world of blogging (good luck). you are hilarious and i'm so happy to get know my favorite person that much more.

Jill Garrison said...

okay so ummmm is this Liz the friend of Melanie that came to Girls camp in Oklahoma one year?

If not - so sorry! but if so HEY WOMAN! blast from the past seeing ya post on Mel's blog.

Mary Arlene said...

You traiter!!!!!!

Natalee said...

Liz I am so glad you crossed over to the dark side. You are so funny and I miss you. You are writing about blogging about the mundane. The other day I blogged about old buttons I found at a garage sale. Who cares? But I was excited so I told the world.

Sarah said...

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???!!!!!?????
I'VE TALKED TO YOU ALL MORNING AND YOU DON'T MENTION SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!I'M ON JEN'S BLOG AND I SEE SOMETHING CALLED LIZBIZ-NIS AND I'M THINKING "NO SHE DIDN'T". SOME GIRL I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IN MY LIFE LEAVES A COMMENT BEFORE I EVEN NO ABOUT THIS?! REALITY AS I KNOW IT IS CRUMBLING AROUND ME! I FEEL FAINT...where am I? who am I? Mom...is that you?