Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Friday, October 10, 2008

The BIZ-OSS



  1. This is Faith. She is the boss of the whole house. And once she loses her excess baggage known as her parents, she will be the boss of the whole world. She could run a small country and she is only ten. We got her a cat because we felt like she needed another living thing she could control besides her brothers. This did not work by the way. She wakes up every morning to her own alarm, feeds her cat, herself gets completely ready and is eating breakfast by the time the rest of us roll out of bed and put on the clothes from last night that are laying on the floor. When she was nine she actually gave her brother (who was eight!) a spanking because he wasn't moving fast enough and was going to make her late for school. She loves clothes and all things trendy and popular. She knows exactly what she wants all of the time and precisely executes her plan to get it. Her biggest frustration is when she has to rely on ANYONE else to get it. One time when she was little she asked me if I would teach her how to sew. (She was obviously too young to know that I have no idea how to sew) and I said not right now, maybe in a little bit. (My standard answer) She proceeded to locate a Q-tip, tied a piece of yarn to it, and "sewed" two squares of rubber mesh drawer liner together. That's when I knew she was smarter than me. She plays volleyball for the YMCA when she feels so inclined, but she mostly likes to stand on the court and size up all the girls' shoes. Having decided after the first game that her own shoes were not up to par she worked her mad skills on her dad and landed herself a brand new pair of pink and white Nikes which she is so pleased with she cannot stop smiling down at them long enough to play the game. Her best feature is her beautiful red hair which is somehow thick in spite of my female-pattern baldness. Her worst feature is her red hair because she has the temper to go with it. She is in fifth grade and talks about how she can't wait to be in middle school every single day of every single week.

7 comments:

Natalee said...

Faith is so so so cute. That post was so sweet. Faith is amazing. You are right. She is going to rule the world.

lauren said...

hey liz! its drew's people magazine loving friend lauren... I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I will definitely stay updated on your family now! I hope all is well with you :)

Lori Hurst said...

Liz! I just discovered your blog - have fun with it - you worry way too much. The only reason I blog is because I enjoy writing and it is therapeutic for me.

Ash Kelley said...

so at the campout i heard you talking about blogs and that you had one. and then i heard angelo's "waste of time" and all the mixed opinions so i didn't say anything because i feel the same way you do about the blog thing. i was anti blog forever. until my sisters started it and they don't live by me so its a nice way to keep in touch. (sounds like i'm justiftying the fact that i have one.) anywho so i got home and looked yours up and now i'm leaving this very long comment on your blog. and i love faith. and all your kids. they're awesome!
LOVE,
Ashley Kelley

mom said...

Well, Jen finally helped me get a google account and I wrote down my password so I won't forget it so now i can make comments on people's blogs. Anyway, I think the secret is to find Faith's (or anyone's) strengths and then find ways to channel them for good. For example, since Faith is so organized and a natural leader, you could put her in charge of organizing certain family activities or put her in charge of figuring out how to handle certain family problems. Then you could meet with her to go over her plans and ideas and not only save yourself some work, but let her experience the joy of sharing her talents. She is a very sensitive girl who just like the rest of us, wants to know tha she is understood and appreciated. Love, MOM

Melanie said...

Liz, you have, like, REAL kids...you know, the kind who are old enough to go to school, do their own hair, fix their own cold cereal. Wow. I'm totally impressed and I feel like such a non-mom compared to you. Send me a detailed email with all the advice I need to survive my kids since the oldest is only 4 and I have no idea what to do with REAL kids. (P.S. I promise not to leave these freaky long comments on each post but like I said, I'm just so excited you have a blog. Oh, and while I'm at it, I hope you do adapt the blog mentality and brag a little about yourself and your family since you deserve to do that, too.)

Court said...

Faith is so rad. I am taking notes on your parenting style b/c you and Jared must be doing something right.