Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me


32 things I'm grateful for on my 32nd birthday. Okay. That's excessive. Let's do 10.
1) Good friends....the kind you laugh with, and cry with, and laugh til' you cry with.
2) Patient kids. I mess up alot, and they forgive me.
3) The temple. I went there with my mom today. Man, I love that place.
4) My mom. She gave me life, and continues to teach me about it. Same goes for the greatest dad ever.
5) My sisters. They are as good as they get.
6) My brothers. None of them wished me a Happy Birthday, but Jon wished me a Happy Earth Day. I wouldn't change one thing about any of them.
7) A really funny husband who isn't nuts, but doesn't mind that I am.
8) The gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the greatest blessing I have, and without it I'd be lost.
9) A body that functions properly, water butt and all. My brain might trip me up, but my body is strong and able. I'll take what I get and be grateful.
10) Change. I'm glad I'm not who I was a year ago. I hope on my 33rd birthday I can say the same thing. I have a long way to go, but thanks to blessings one through nine, I'm getting there.

23 comments:

Sarah said...

Your brothers suck.

Alison said...

Happy Birthday! You are such an amazing person and a wonderful example for me. I told Jen on her blog that I am grateful that she married Andy and brought you grovers into our family. :D

Mary Arlene said...

We should have initiated the phone tree.

Anonymous said...

Liz,

Happy Birthday to a friend who is strong, full of faith, grateful, beautiful, kind, Christ-like, exemplary, uplifting, giving, and amazing. (10 of the over 32 things I think of when I think of you.)

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday Liz! So excited that my little guy was born on your day. I hope you had a great one!!!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Liz, happy birthday from the Williams household! We miss you!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

By the way, Annie thinks you look 20. :)

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday to one of the most amazing women I know!! Luv ya like a sister - a much younger sister! :)

Lori Hurst said...

Happy Birthday yesterday - I read this but forgot to comment! Hope your day was happy!

Mel said...

Happy Birthday, Liz! My brothers don't call on birthdays, either, if it makes you feel any better.

Randi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, yesterday, to one of the most AMAZING women I know. It is a GIFT being your friend!!!!

Have a fabulous day and year!!

All my love!

Natalee said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! You're the best!

btw your chocolate chip peanut butter cookies have become famous here. They are pretty much the only thing I bake. People go nuts for them. I can't take any of the credit! I tell them my friend Liz in Houston gave me the recipe. Those cookies make me look really good!

michelle said...

Happy birthday Liz! Sorry I couldn't come up with something more interesting than that, but it's 11:00 and I'm too exhausted to come up with anything better.

Andrew said...

This sucky brother called but no one answered.

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Happy Birthday Gorgeous Woman!! You are such a sweet lady! We need to chat soon. I'll try and give you a call!

Unknown said...

In my true form, I'm wishing you a happy belated b-day! I have to agree with the comment that you take time to help when others need you. You're great. And I want that recipe, too.

jamie said...

i like that--a grateful list on your birthday. looks like it was a good one.

Court said...

Happy Birthday, lady. I'm so glad you had a great birthday. You bring a lot of joy and gladness to others--it is wonderful for you to experience a measure of that in return. Party on.

Shel said...

I'm sorry.. youth conference began on Thurs. and ended tonight, so I am just now catching up on my blog reading... I am glad I was able to wish you a happy birthday in person, but I am however going to wish you a belated happy birthday here :) Love ya'!!

Erin said...

I am super late, but I wanted to be sure to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Thank you for being an awesome visiting teacher. You and Jennifer rock my socks. Love and appreciate you!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry - I was distracted from commenting by that gorgeous creature in the background of your pictures.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

That was a great list.

Court said...

P.S. You've inspired me to make a cookie bar birthday cake. Those things are way delicious!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Liz! I hope I catch you at the pool again!