Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Monday, March 22, 2010

Busy Beavers










We have all been extremely busy around the Pabst house, and in addition I have been extra mentally ill so put it all together and what do you get? A long blog hiatus. So, sorry folks. Let me give you the short version of what we've been up to.


Jared: He just works like a dog. He also ran a half-marathon in Seabrook this last Saturday. He will be working on some Pinewood Derby cars for the boys in the next few days. Let's face it, he'll be working on them all night just before the Derby.

Liz: I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off except for the days I can't seem to funtion due to the insane amounts of anxiety I'm experiencing from a medication I'm on. I'm also enjoying weight gain and zits from said medication. There's no rest for the crazy. I also managed to finish the same half-marathon as J-Dawg. I am getting ready to celebrate my 32nd birthday which is also giving me anxiety. Right now I'm fearful of everything including aging.

Faith: Joined the ranks of Young Women at church. Went on her first temple trip which was really special. I got to be there with her. She has also begun babysitting and is really good at it (hint hint) She loves earning money and is dutifully stashing it away until she can afford an Ipod Touch. She's also enjoying another season of volleyball.

Ethan: He and I recently went on a 10 commandment hike with some Scouts Celebrated his 11th birthday. Earned his Webelo, Arrow of Light and Religious Knot in Scouting. He has outgrown all of his clothes and shoes. He enjoyed going with me and Faith and some friends to the Capital building in Austin over Spring Break. Okay, he really just liked the BBQ we ate afterwards.

Harris: Just spent his entire week of Spring Break in Alabama with his Grandma and Grandpa Grover and cousin Luke. He learned about fishing and managed to catch 6 fish! His favorite part of the trip was eating out for almost every meal. He is excited for his fast approaching birthday and can't wait to participate in the Pinewood Derby. He's also excited to start playing soccer this weekend.

That's all. I feel like I just typed our Christmas card. Hope all my blogging friends are doing well.

Happy Holidays.
The Pabst family

15 comments:

jamie said...

you guys have been busy! nice work, both of you, on the marathon. i hope you get yourself regulated soon!

texasmacs said...

You guys were so AWESOME on that 1/2 marathon... I am so glad I got to see you both finish. Everyone inspired me that day! I don't know if I'll ever do a 1/2, but it sure makes me want to try that running thing again! Oh, and by the way... ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY those 30's... they were my favorite decade so far!

Kristie said...

Please please don't say you are getting old because what does that make the rest of us!!! Let's just enjoy the journey!! Great job on the 1/2 marathon - you guys rock!

Court said...

Merry Christmas! You're doing great, girl. For someone paralyzed by anxiety, you sure do get a lot done. As for the zits and weight gain, welcome to my world. ;)

And 32? I remember 32. It was a great year. Personally, I love aging. The older I get, the more I don't give a stink about anyone's opinion. Quite liberating.

Randi said...

Y'all did GREAT on Saturday..I know because I just happened to be there!

It was so exciting, and special to get to see you and Jared running strong, and "diggin' deep"!

Life IS a marathon...."DIG DEEP!" "KEEP GOING!" RUN STRONG!!!
YOU GOT THIS!!!!!
LOVE YA! :)

Melanie said...

Happy birthday this coming month, Liz. I can't lie - 32 was a hard one for me. I've had a lot of anxiety about aging, too. I don't know why.

But you look fantastic and I'm so impressed with your and Jared's half-marathon. Very impressive.

I've missed your updates. I hope you are hanging in there.

Mary Arlene said...

Faith went to the Temple?! I feel old.

Good job with the marathons, ya'll are awesome!

Sorry you have such bad anxiety right now, I hope it gets better. I can't wait to see you soon!

Alisha said...

Good job on the 1/2 marathon. Running is like the "in" thing to do. Wonder if I'll ever be able to keep up! Sorry you have not been mentally well-- love ya, hope it gets better soon!

Laura said...

Congratulations on the 1/2 marathon! I'm very impressed with people who have the willpower to do that sort of thing.

You are awesome!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I love love the picture of you two at the temple. So sweet! Congrats on the marathon...maybe it was my tramp that got you warmed up for that??? Hehe! Happy early birthday! Let me know how I can help with that anxiety thing...girls night out or somethin'...hint hint.

Kirsten said...

Liz I gotta tell you every time I read your blog it makes me smile and sometimes laugh out loud!
What is it about knowing that you and Sarah are down there trying your best to be good Moms, wives and women that makes me feel like I'm not alone in my own struggles and attempts?(and my own pinewood derby!)
You are fantastic!

Shel said...

You rock my friend!! I am saying good bye to my 30's this year and I don't know what to think. I have a cupboard full of eye creams and wrinkle creams that are supposed to guarantee that I will look younger and I will hold them to it ;) I wish I liked to run, but I don't. A huge congrats on the 1/2 marathon (and being able to talk the entire time!!) Love ya'!!

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Fun to read your post. Congrats on running the half marathon! I'm training for one in October. Ran 10.2 miles a couple weeks ago...farthest I've ever run in my life! And I was sore for days! Wish you lived closer...just decided our next vacation should be to come to Texas! Love ya! (PS. 32 is not old. I am starting to realize how young 40 is...)

Natalee said...

I totally thought I had left a comment on this post!! Anyway, love you guys, you are all awesome.

Laurie said...

who knew that at our old age we'd be still having to face zits!! seriously...who do i need to talk to about that one?!?

oh, and next time we run...remind me that wearing black is slimming. talk about feeling like a cow! at least you don't look like one!! and i really felt like we were running at full speed....how come in every picture, once you look past all the cottage cheese rumbling in my upper thigh, and that same dorky smile with my hands up in the air, my stride is more walking than "running."

besides all that....it was an awesome 2 hours (plus). =) great job!