I'd like to think I can keep it clean but that's just not where I am. I have mental illness...I cannot say it enough lest someone forget that fact. It affects every single thing I do and everything I don't. It is an extremely heavy burden at times and this is one of those times. I'd love to spare everyone what will surely be like upchucking my insides which are oozing with black, ugly negativity but.....
I went to the og-gyn. to have a well-woman to have her run blood work just to see if my thyroid and Vitamin D and all that are okay, just checking all the underlying factors to be sure they are not contributing to my junk. She told me, as all doctors do, after reading my health history, that perhaps it is raising a child with a disability that is causing my depression and anxiety. Well, what caused it the ten years I had it before he was born? I have a chemical imbalance rude lady with a bad wig, not a bad hand in life. Perhaps your wig is too tight. Now finish determining that those two lumps in my breasts are in fact my breasts and let me put my paper "gown" back on! She wasn't too happy when I told her I had eggs for breakfast. Turns out I didn't get the memo that says you can't eat before having blood work. That means I have to go back in a week. I'm starting to detect some circumstances in my life that could be causing depression and anxiety!!! She will check it for all the things I asked her to if she can read the little bits of chicken scratch she wrote on my chart while she was pretending to listen to me. "No Miss Piggy, I really do think you should check my thyroid, and my iron levels and.....oh yeah, you must be right. I'm tired cuz' I have a child with a disability. That must be it."
"Doctors are no damn good!"
adapted from a quote by Mamaw
14 comments:
so sorry, liz. this was definitely not the experience you were lookin' for! i should have told you not to eat before all those tests.
the good news is that once you get them done, it just takes a few days for the results to get back to your doctor. hopefully wig lady will get you going in the right direction. if not, you just let me know.
Witches wear wigs too!
Down with wig lady!!! Wig lady sucks!!!!! She is the true essence of stupid.
on a side note, was the wig at least a fun blonde ken paves hair piece?
and next time you go in, i'd really like to be there when you tell her to "stick it" with the "your life must suck b/c you have a child with a disability" rhetoric. sadly, she just doesn't know that this child with the disability brings you some of your greatest joy.
here's to hopin' that today is a day with a little more joy and a little less joyblock for you.
i think Jackie Chan in Rush Hour quotes it best..."ugh, ow....wat iz it goo four? asolutely nauting."
damn that bee-otch! i hate her. (these are all things i look for from cade when i am venting. i hope it helps)
That lady can just go to hell, and I'll send her there! (My mental status has not been that great these last couple weeks... I'm just looking for an excuse to go off on someone!). Hang in there!
Gary
I'm so proud of you for standing up to her and telling her to stick it!! Doctors do suck!!
duh! it drives ME bonkers when people are ignorant about mental illnesses and i don't even have one! and it's particularly annoying when they're supposed to be professionals!!!
Hey, I found you! That reminds me that I need to find Dr. Smith's first name for you...I'll get back to you on that. You really should go, then tell me how he was.
Sorry, I also remembered you asked about an obgyn. I remembered one I had up in Katy that was so thorough and thoughtful. His name is Dr. Edwards. I may go back to him when I'm done with this kid.
I thought you made the eggs for breakfast comment because you broke wind while she was checking out your undercarriage. I thought, "Legendary, Liz!"
doctors are uh idiots. I like how they think they get to look at your life and decide if it's your circumstances that are causing your symptoms. "No, no. No need for me to check you out physically. I can tell by the 30 second synopsis you've given me on your life that all of your problems are because of how crappy your life is. That will be $400.00."
I love the outrage in these comments. Right on.
Well, when I go get my blood work, I'll be sure to let them know that it must be caused by having a nephew with a disability.
This is something I can't stand - I can't stand doctors who don't believe in mental illness. They should have their licenses revoked. They should be charged w/ homicide for suicides stemming from mental illness. They should burn in hell, right Gary?
I love you. At least you got to stick your butt in a doctor's face.
You provoked quite a response on this one, and no freaking wonder! I HATE doctors. They are so rude and imperialistic and judgey and condescending. Amen to everything everyone else has already said. Sorry you had to deal with that shiz. You are prettier and smarter and have more friends so the match goes to you. Sorry Wig Lady.
Post a Comment