"A child embarrassed by a parent, is just a child who hasn't lived long enough."
I'm going to keep this in mind. Faith is coming into the age, and the other two are never far behind her, that I embarrass her. She rarely likes what I have to say, how I say it, or that I'm saying anything about "it" at all. It is hurtful and sad, and yet, just part of life. We aren't parents because we get thanked profusely for it. We don't love them because they love us (although they do) we would parent and love them no matter what. I will continue to keep this in mind as well. There are some answers I really want from Heavenly Father right now. I want those answers desperately. There are some things in my life I really need help with, and changing things that aren't working for me is something I want to take place immediately...I don't like to wait on anyone...least of all He who I know holds the best answer, the only real answer. But I am deciding to choose faith. I choose to believe that he is a loving father who does not withhold things from me to be mean or to torture me. he loves me and wishes to help me succeed and so I choose to believe that those answers will come in His own due time. And until then, I will submit with patience to all he sees fit. I choose faith.
5 comments:
I appreciate your insights on parenting a 'tween. Sadly, I am entering this phase as well. I think it's a little premature, but the signs are evident. I know I'm gonna need just as much help as you are seeking right now.
I hear you on looking for change. I've been in a similar place lately. I feel like something is just around the corner. It's hard to wait patiently. I think choosing faith is definitely our best bet.
Good for you. Faith is the best choice, though sometimes it's hard in the moment. Read Ether--where they get in the boat. That really helps me when I am feeling like you are right now. Those people get thrown in a boat with no windows, for a YEAR and are tossed every which way, and yet they rejoice. It says they cry unto their father in heaven for help because of the strong winds and being tossed--they didn't know the tossing of the winds was powering them toward their destination. Sometimes our Heavenly father just wants us to get there faster--but that causes rough patches we can't understand. Faith is the answer. *hugs*
Bridget
You are a wonderful Mom. When she has her own kids she will realize how awesome you are. Faith is the only choice sometimes. You're ndoing great. Change will come.
that's a good perspective to have--wish i could keep it in mind as much as you do!
Any time doubt creeps in I keep this quote close to me from Maxwell:
“The myopic and despairing soul – cry and question, “If there is a God, why does He permit suffering?” reflects a basic failure to understand the very nature of life with its components of chastening and suffering. And as for that question, it is not difficult to imagine who originated it, however understandably sincere some are who raise it. The question strikes at the heart of Father’s plan, because it comes from him who rejected that plan! The future duties to be given to some of us in the worlds to come by an omniscient God will require of us an earned sense of esteem as well as proof of our competency. Thus the tests given to us here are given not because God is in doubt as to the outcome, but because we need to grow in order to be able to serve with full effectiveness in the eternity to come. Further, to be untested and unproven is also to be unaware of all that we are. If we are unknowing of our possibilities, with what could we safely be entrusted? Could we in ignorance of our capacities trust ourselves? Could others then be entrusted to us? Thus the relentless love of our Father in heaven is such that in His omniscience, He will not allow the cutting short some of the brief experiences we are having here. To do so would be to deprive us of everlasting experiences and great joy there. What else would an omniscient and loving Father do, even if we plead otherwise? He must at times say no. Furthermore, since there was no exemption from suffering for Christ, how can there be one for us? Do we really want immunity from adversity? Especially when certain kinds of suffering can aid our growth in this life? To deprive ourselves of those experiences, much as we might momentarily like to, would be to deprive ourselves of the outcomes over which we shouted with anticipated joy when this life’s experiences were explained to us long ago in the world before we came here.”
Post a Comment