Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's been happening around here? Well.....

We celebrated Charlotte's birthday and watched her be baptized. It was a special day. Below is everyone from our family who was in attendance. Jen did a fabulous job planning everything and Charlotte looked so cute in her super sparkly dress she picked out with grandma!




I spent this past weekend with my dear friend Ruthie and two of her friends who I also know pretty well. We stayed at Ruthie's beach house in Sargent,Tx. These gals are all 55 or older and VERY SOUTHERN. I can honestly say that several times amid our weekend of shopping, eating out, talking and playing cut-throat Uno, I felt like I was in the set of the movie Steel Magnolias. It was a blast and a much needed and relaxing getaway that recharged me. I didn't take my camera with me (of course) but below is a pic of me with Ruthie to my right. (beside my mom)





Monday was Faith's last volleyball game. They lost by only two points and that made them one game shy of having a perfect season. Faith improved tremendously throughout the season and was so dedicated and hard-working. She can't wait to try out again next year and is already talking about doing a volleyball camp this summer. Family and friends came out to cheer her on and she boasted the biggest cheering section of all of the players. Afterwards we celebrated with cake and pizza.


















This weekend we will go on our Annual Fall camp out with my mom's side of the family. The kids can hardly wait. I will make an effort to charge, take and use my camera. We shall see.


In other news I am finally taking the plunge to certify to teach Step aerobics at the YMCA where I've been working out for years. My certification classes are broken up into three days, totalling about 22 hours and begin next week. I am super excited and hope to be teaching at least a couple classes by the beginning of the New Year. I hope they'll give me some good ones I can teach while the kids are at school. I'll let y'all all know how it goes.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Faith, wish we could have been there! Miriam certainly would have been a good loud fan :) Love, Andrew, Rachel and Miriam

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

You guys have been busy! Congrats to Faith and a great volleyball season! And so fun to have a girl's weekend! You look amazing as always! Hope you have fun camping! And good luck with the step aerobics training...I have been thinking about doing the same thing...fill me in on how it goes!

jamie said...

go faith! and good for you for taking those classes. i've considered doing that so i'd love to hear about your experience when you've gotten through you classes...