Liz's Biz-nis

The Biz-nis of Life

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of Escuela!

Okay. So today we return to the madness of school. No more getting away with not doing laundry or buying groceries for weeks on end. We gotta do what Pabsts do worst....be on a schedule!

We woke up at 7:00 on the dot. This will be the only morning we do not hit the snooze button at least four times. Everyone got up and Jared was off to the store to buy milk (already, we are behind) Faith and Ethan get themselves completely ready and I help Harris, although he mostly does it alone. Then, I packed lunches (Faith and Ethan will do this starting next week) and helped with the last few little things. Then, after prayers, I took Harris to his first day of third grade. As you can see in the below photo he was fighting tears the entire morning. He waited until we were walking down the hall to his classroom to completely lose it and then, once he was in his seat around all of his peers, he burst into uncontrollable sobs. Poor guy. He just has anxiety like no body's business. His teacher came right over and started trying to help him and I gave him and big hug and kiss and left. I feel sad that he was sad but know that he will work through it and have a great day.....and then cry again like that tomorrow morning.

Then it was back home to grab the middle schoolerS. Yes! That's plural. Ethan is now officially a 6th grader! He was sooo nervous and he rarely gets nervous. Faith felt a little nervous too but mostly about volleyball tryouts which start today after school (Good luck, Faith!) They pulled a fast one on me and Jared (who rode with) and asked us to walk them in at the last minute. This was hilarious because Jared looked, and I am not kidding, HOMELESS! He was wearing FILTHY sweat pants, a T-shirt with what looked like a booger on the front and his bed head was OUT OF CONTROL! He kept reminding us he "didn't care" as he strode coolly up to the front of the school. What a guy....never caring about appearances;)

I can't wait til' they get home so I can hear about their days!

10 comments:

Alisha said...

I am DIEING reading that about Jared! Happy first day of school Mom!

Kristie said...

I feel sorry for YOU that you had to walk into the school with Jared. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about the 1st day of school myself. I have a huge headache and NO desire to see what ridiculous school supplies they will need when they come home.

Court said...

I hope Harris gets the best teacher in 3rd grade. That little guy deserves the sweetest, most compassionate, most empowering teacher they've got to offer.

And TWO middle schoolers. Wow. That's so awesome. I remember wearing my elastic waist pants to school on the first day of junior high, seeing girls that were fully developed wearing miniskirts and PUMPS (this was 1985) and boys with 5:00 shadow by 10 am and thinking to myself, "Well, we've hit the big leagues."

Jennifer said...

Oh yes, Court, those memories help me to be more compassionate with the little tweeners - it really was hard.

Good luck Faith!! Can't wait to hear the results.

Welp, let's see what kind of work 3rd grade has to throw our way, right?

Court said...

P.S. Faith, your hair looked fab in your 1st day of school photo!

Randi said...

I can't believe how grown up Faith and Ethan and Harris are. They are beautiful kids with sweet spirits.

I hope their first day was everything they dreamed it to be!

Erin said...

I adore your kiddos. And you, quite frankly. :) Thank you for coming to see me today! I enjoyed it, felt spiritually uplifted and appreciated... and understood. Thank you!!

I got the info on the Tri in October. Its 2010 Try Andys Tri Sprint Triathlon. This is the website: www.slfinishlinesports.com It looks like they are having it at the same place that I did it. Which was wonderful!!

Thanks again for coming today! Oh, and just so you know, Morgan threw a 20 minute (NO LIE) fit after you left. She has got you fooled!! :)

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

Your kids are growing too fast! Fun to hear about your morning and glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hits the snooze button at least four times...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Liz dead ringer on the swimsuit shot. Except you have a better personality than she does.

jamie said...

cute kids back in school and an entertaining husband. what more can you ask for, right?